CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Saturday, February 23, 2008

Indoor Plumbing


Today I LOVE my toilet! OK, I love my shower and sink, too. I am kind of old fashioned, and think that it would have been fun to live long ago when the west was young. This last week BD and I have been watching a DVD called "Into the West". We have enjoyed it a lot. I found myself yearning for that lifestyle....except for one thing. The bathroom. I think it would be awful hard to go outside in the dark and cold and rain with wild animals lurking just to go potty. I have been getting up several times each night lately. How I love to sit on a seat without slivers with a rug under my feet and nothing breathing down my back. (BD is usually still asleep) It is also nice to flush and not have to bury anything, or just leave it alone to...how should I say it...attract flies. I love the shower too. I have 'showered' in the high Uintas and have gotten myself clean and smelling better...but there's nothing like a long, warm, steamy shower. BD even got me a hand held shower head when we remodeled our bathroom and it is divine! And then there is privacy. Oh how nice it is so close the door! Kinda hard to do that out on the prairie. Well, I've got to run...all this talk has made me need to...go...bye.

5 comments:

Momzoo said...

I would love to be a pioneer too! I alway tell Mike I would do it in a second if I could take my indoor plumming and my washing machine...oh and air conditioning, and the furnace....a dish washer would be nice too....!

mjs ashworth said...

You make me laugh! I am glad I live in this day and age not only for indoor plumbing, I am a mall lover and the pioneers well they just didn't have 'em!! Luv U!

mjs ashworth said...

mat wants to know if you will love him today, or tomorrow

Matt and Abby said...

Mom, you are so funny. I just love you. I would have to say that I am very thankful for indoor plumbing too! Good post!

Chris and Tarisa Todd Family said...

You are so stinkin' funny. Toilets really are gems.