CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Thursday, February 28, 2008

My Orchid

Today I LOVE my new orchid. I have never had an orchid before. I have always thought they were beautiful and fragile and exotic and very hard to grow. Tonight I talked BD into a trip to Costco to buy me some edamame. My mom told me they are good for 'hot flashes' and man am I having hot flashes...but that is another story. So, we went to Costco and found the desired edamame and as usual we always find more to buy than what is on our list. (This is a real problem at Costco. Does anyone else have that problem?) There was a whole cart full of these beautiful orchids. Purple is my favorite color and there were the most delicate purple ones. I wanted to just look at them...and BD said "Find one you like and let's get it!" I could not decide. I didn't really know what to look for in a good orchid. So, I found a purple one with lots of buds hoping I could get a few blooms before I killed it. (acidentally, of coarse) Anyway, I am a proud new owner of the most gorgeous orchid. Tomorrow I will try and find out how to take care of it. I figured if Costco could do it, it couldn't be that hard. Wish me luck!

4 comments:

Chris and Tarisa Todd Family said...

Mom! You are a high-roller. Did you know that in all of the church property orchids are only in the general relief society building and in the temple!!! You have good taste!

Momzoo said...

Orchids are one of my favorties, I have always wanted to get one too! My Dad has been collecting them for a little while now. They are so beautiful, in an exotic sort or way.

Kathy J said...

Ken has a few they are pretty. Each bloom will last 2 or 3 months. Then they go dormant for a while. Call Ken and he can tell you what you need to do. I like them when they are in bloom but the dormant stage not so much. He seems to think the kitchen table is the best place for them.

mjs ashworth said...

one word...BEAUTIFUL!!