CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Sunday, February 10, 2008

Our little Tarisa Belle


Today Big Daddy and I want to express how much we love our darling daughter Tarisa! She turns 21 today. One memory that stands our in my mind is shortly after Tarisa was born our family went to Idaho to visit my parents. While there I became quite sick. We decided it might be best for me to stay in Idaho a few extra days and try to get well. Mark and my Dad gave me a priesthood blessing. In that blessing Mark told me that the children would be able to bless and comfort me. I remember thinking, ya right! I was always blessing and comforting them and how could I do that when I was so sick...and certainly did not think that they could do that for me. Well, that night as I lay in bed I was so weak and sick and started to chill. No matter what I did I could not get warm. I remember praying and having the thought come to me to put Tarisa in bed with me. She was only a few months old and so tiny I did not understand why this would be good...but I obeyed. The minute I put her in bed with me I felt her warmth...I would move her over and lay in her warm spot and cuddle up and move her again. I did this for a long time until I was able to get warm enough to fall asleep. I realized that Tarisa had blessed and comforted me just like the Lord had promised through Mark. It has been 21 years since that time and Tarisa is still blessing and comforting me every day. I love her more than mere words can exlplain. My hope is that she knows how special she is to me and her Big Daddy. Happy Birthday Tarisa!!!!

4 comments:

Momzoo said...

What a great story! I had never thought that my children could bless me when they were little. I always figured the blessing would come when they are old and I am older needing their help. Thanks for the change in perspective.

I really like the "love" posts they are very uplifting.

Tell Tarisa I said Happy Birthday!

mjs ashworth said...

Oh how sweet! Little Tarisa she is one amazing gal! Luv ya T!!

Jason+Lindi said...

Happy Birthday Belle!

Chris and Tarisa Todd Family said...

Thanks Mom. I guess I could comfort you once for the millions of times you comfort me. Thank you for that. I really appreciate and can feel your love for me! I love you. Thanks for making my birthday special...making me my favorite meal and getting my favorite cake. You are the best!