CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Monday, February 25, 2008

Rain

I LOVE it when it rains...USUALLY. Today was an exception. Usually I love to drive in the rain. I love to be at home when it rains. When the kids were little I used to make cookies on rainy days and I think they like rainy days now! Last night as I lay in bed I could hear the rain and it sounded so good. It felt great to be all warm and tucked in as I listened. I had the thought that I would make BD his favorite pumpkin chocolate chip cookies with NO nuts and take him some to work. However I woke up to a big suprise. I could hear BD vacuuming. Weird?! I found him trying to vacuum up water as fast as he could as it came pouring in to the house!
This picture is what used to be a bedroom! We had water everywhere and it was coming in faster than we could sweep, vacuum or soak it up. Bd worked at it all day. Dannon came and gave Bd a hand which helped so much. I tried to to the best I could as I hobbled around.
I used every towel in the house. I had a huge load of towels in the washer and another in the dryer and the tub was full of soaking wet ones waiting for their turn. I am still doing load after load and it is late!
BD rigged up a pump and some fans to help dry things out. The city came and found that the main storm drain, in the road, was backed up and plugged with tree roots. Once they got the drain unplugged the water stopped coming in the house. Then 'disaster clean up' came. They pulled out the carpet and pad and got a de-humidifier going and some BIG fans. They say three days...these fans are LOUD. BD and I wanted to watch a video tonight for FHE but we had to turn it off because we could not hear it even with the TV volume up all the way! Three days! OOOOOOOOOhh. I never did make cookies. I actually had a miserable day feeling pretty sorry for myself. Again, I guess I will shake it off...hold my head up... and carry on...whether I want to or not. I am determined not to let this very bad day ruin my LOVE of the rain.
This evening we were blessed with this beautiful sunset! Just a message from heaven that all is not lost and tomorrow is another day. Gee, can't wait to see what we get tomorrow!

8 comments:

Momzoo said...

Awww, that stinks! Sorry about your wet house!

Maybe the next rain storm will be kinder to you!

BigDaddyandBekBek said...

Ya, it does stink. Like wet dog hair!

Momzoo said...

Beki, you make me laugh!

Jason+Lindi said...

Bummer! What room was it? I hope today is better!

BigDaddyandBekBek said...

Oh, it was two bedrooms and the storage room and the hallway at the bottom of the stairs.

mjs ashworth said...

thats the worst! But I love sunsets, they remind me that Heavenly Father loves me enough to give me a beautiful end to even a crappy day!

Matt and Abby said...

That is the worst. I feel so bad for your horrible day. I swear...

Chris and Tarisa Todd Family said...

what a nightmare!!! Let us know if we can help.