CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Wednesday, March 5, 2008

Daily Gem

Today I received a "Daily Gem " that seemed very pertinent to me and I would like to share it with you.
"Elder Neal A. Maxwell linked patience and faith together when he taught: 'Patience is tied very closely to faith in our Heavenly Father. Actually, when we are unduly impatient, we are suggesting that we know what is best--better than does God. Or, at least, we are asserting that our timetable is better than His.'
Oh boy, do I ever have this problem. I try to wait patiently upon the Lord...but it seems the Lord always holds out longer than my patience does and then I start to....well, should I say...murmur. I know without a doubt that I do not know better than the Lord and so I must work even harder to wait...and wait...and wait patiently upon the Lord.
Robert C. Oaks said, "We can grow in faith only if we are willing to wait patiently for God's purposes and pattern to unfold in our lives, on His timetable."
So, I am back to square one again. I will begin again to have increased faith and increased patience and then I will be able to see and know and understand....because I ceratinly do not know now. But I will wait.

4 comments:

Matt and Abby said...

Thank you for the daily gem. It was really good, and made me think...and I must say that you have a great amount of patience I am always amazed how you just keep on truckin'

Matt and Abby said...

p.s. I like your template.

mjs ashworth said...

I think that is the hardest part, to wait and wait and wait and realize that all things are on Heavenly Father's time because he really knows best. It's hard also because I always seem to have my own plan and very rarely do they match up. I love your template!

Momzoo said...

Thank you for sharing, it gives me a lot to think about.