CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Monday, March 3, 2008

Pantyhose..Again!

If I Have to Wear Pantyhose....

While I have been sick I have learned a lot about kindness. I have been the recipient of so much kindness...but there definitely are levels of kindness. I have had a ton of kind acts done to be of 'service'...and it is so amazing that there is such a difference in those that do it from love and those that do it out of obligation...and it is noticeable and obvious. I appreciate so very much ALL kinds of kindness. But, I have learned a good lesson and will try to do better myself. You know sometime when you are asked to do something and you really don't want to...well, I have thought a lot about this and think that from now on if I am supposed to 'be kind' and serve...I will get down on my knees and pray until I want to do it and until I do it with love. I can't imagine that I will ever have a hard time doing anything I am asked to do after receiving so much from others. But I am realistic and know that as time goes on I will forget and slip back into my old ways. I am making a promise to myself that I will do better and I will not forget this and other lessons I have learned.

So, you ask yourself...why is this blog labeled PANTYHOSE? Well, one of the truest and most honest acts of kindness came this weekend from BD. Now BD has been the kindest and most caring person I can imagine since I have been sick. He was always nice...but he has really stepped up to the plate and has had to do things and see things and handle things that are unbelievable and he, honestly, is the kindest most thoughtful person I know.
Now, let me tell you about the PANTYHOSE.
On Saturday I was going to go to the grocery store. Well, by the end of the day I was pooped and so BD said he would do the shopping. He is getting good at it because he has done it more than I have, by far, lately. Anyway on the list I had written 'black, knee high, PANTYHOSE' He asked what size to get. I told him that they came in only one size. I told him not to worry if he couldn't find them because I had some old control top PANTYHOSE I could wear to church if I had to.
So, BD did the shopping and got everything on the list and did such a good job...
When I unloaded the bags I came to two packages of PANTYHOSE. BD had found the 'one size fits all' and then he also found a Queensize pair! Knowing how much I have grown, and always trying to make me comfortable, he bought the Queensize just for me! Surprisingly, I was not offended, but I was touched that he had been so thoughtful.
So, that is what I have learned about kindness. There is such a difference in kindness levels. As I have been given much...I too will give...and will try and do it with the kind of kindness that is pure. May be this is the definition of charity. I have always wondered what that really meant. I think I know now.

4 comments:

Jason+Lindi said...

What a good guy! I bet that he would even get you China (dishes) if you wanted them!!

BigDaddyandBekBek said...

Oh no he wouldn't! Only and I mean only if the Prophet were coming to dinner!

Matt and Abby said...

Dad really is romantic. HOw thoughtful!!

Momzoo said...

Mark is always so thoughtful and kind. I have always thought that, but after reading your blog I am even more sure of that fact. What a sweet man!