CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Friday, March 14, 2008

hummmmm


Ho hum, I am at all sure what I want to write about today. I have been reading lots of blogs and am so amazed at the things people write about. Mostly they write about what has happened, for good or for bad, in their day.
Well, I shall tell you about my day. Today I went visiting teaching! I have a wonderful partner named Angela. She set up the appointments today, which means she also gives the lesson, and I give the prayer! I also took a little Easter treat for each one. We have three ladies to visit and so it seems to take a really long time to complete the duty. I always feel it is a duty...until it is done and then I feel it is a pleasure. I really love Mayra, LouAnn, and Camille. They seem to be as concerned about us as we are them. I do consider each one a friend and certainly a sister. Several months ago I decided to quit complaining about visiting teaching or VT as I like to call it. I would gripe to anyone I talked to about having to do this job...then after it was done I felt guilty about my evil speaking and I never called anybody back to tell them what a nice experience it had been. So I quit the murmuring. However,I am so glad it is done this month and I don't have to worry about it one more day. Because I do...I never quit thinking about it until it is done.
Now, my next goal is to look forward, and not complain, about my visiting teachers coming to me...but that is a story for another day!

6 comments:

mjs ashworth said...

It is definatley one of those things that is hard to get excited about but is so great once you do it!!

Matt and Abby said...

Well, I think you have passed the gene on to me, because it is so hard for me to visit teach. but true, once its done it feels good to know you did your duty. I will try to be better too!

Momzoo said...

I am a terrible VT! I am also not so great about having them come visit me. That is definatly someting I need to work on and improve.

BigDaddyandBekBek said...

Now, girls you MUST do it so do it with theh best attitude you can muster...but do it! Blessings will follow!

Kathy J said...

I like going, maybe it's one of those things that comes to you when your old.

Jason+Lindi said...

I have to admit that I hated VT, I didn't like people to come, I didn't like to go... then I moved into this ward and for some reason I LOVE it! I look forward to it every month! I have a great comp and great sisters! It has been a blessing and really has given me a Testimony of the power and need of VT... I guess I am old then too Mom!